After many years of research, scientists, dermatologists and plastic surgeons have discovered that a variety of natural ingredients and vitamin extracts significantly help slow down and reverse the aging process.
There are hundreds, if not thousands, of different anti-aging skincare products to choose from and there just as many effective ingredients that can be combined in a bewildering variety of combinations. So how do you know what ingredients to look for?
Here are six of the key ingredients being used in anti-aging skincare products that may benefit your skin. Many of the most effective products are not available over the counter, but they can be purchased through your local Esthetician, Medi-Spa, or Dermatology office. If you are unsure which ingredients or products are right for you, ask your Dermatologist or consult with an Esthetician in your area. In the meantime, look for these active ingredients:
- DNA Repair Enzymes – Active DNA repair enzymes support the proliferation of fresh, young, skin cells and encourage the recognition and elimination of DNA damage. DNA enzymes deliver protective antioxidants to moisturize skin during the recovery process, and enhance the recovery of damaged skin.
- EGF (Epidermal Growth Factors) – The use of epidermal growth factors (EGFs) as an active ingredient results in dramatic and rapid improvement of advanced signs of photo damage such as age spots, discoloration and pronounced wrinkling as it encourages skin to continue its natural regeneration processes.
- Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs) and Beta Hydroxy Acids –These help to dissolve the intracellular “glue” that holds the dead cells together on the skin. The use of this type of product on a daily basis gradually enhances the exfoliation of the epidermis. This exposes newer skin cells and can help improve the skin’s appearance.
- Coconut Oil (Cocos Nucifera) – Coconut oil is used as an effective moisturizer that soothes the skin. It also contains antimicrobial, antioxidant and antibacterial properties that work to delay signs of aging.
- Sunflower Seed Oil (Helianthus Annuus) – Sunflower seed oil contains a surplus of Vitamins A, D and E to help smooth and condition the skin. This emollient-like ingredient retains moisture as it works to prevent wrinkles and minimize dark circles under the eye.
- Grapefruit Oil (Citrus Paradisi) – Grapefruit oil is most commonly used to cleanse and tone the skin. When used as an active ingredient, it tightens skin and reduces the appearance of large pores which is especially good for oily, problematic skin.
- Vitamin A (Retinol) for your Skin (healthyskinsolutions.com)
- DHEA: New Age Skincare (healthyskinsolutions.com)
- Feed Your Face for a Younger Look (healthyskinsolutions.com)
- Delaying the Signs of Aging (healthyskinsolutions.com)
- The Power of Peptide Creams (healthyskinsolutions.com)
- Repair and Heal Damaged Skin with this Amazing New Product (healthyskinsolutions.com)
- Botanical and Natural Extracts in Cosmetics (healthyskinsolutions.com)
Resource: Dermascope; January 2012