We all know that drinking a glass of red wine each day delivers heart-healthy benefits. That’s because red wine is packed with antioxidants that have been proven to help prevent heart disease by increasing levels of “good” cholesterol and protecting against artery damage.
Now, red wine is finding its way into the beauty industry. Researchers have discovered that Resveratrol, a red wine extract, is a powerful antioxidant that helps to restore aging skin and skin in transition (such as those experienced by women going through hormonal changes).
- Restoring fine lines and wrinkles
- Moisturizing and hydrating the skin
- Firming and tightening facial skin
- Helping prevent future damage and restoring a healthier look
- Enabling the skin to stay radiant and elastic
In this red wine peel from California (recipe below), the red wine is combined with honey and yoghurt for triple the benefit.
- The red wine delivers antioxidants to the skin
- The honey helps clam redness and treat blemishes
- The yoghurt acts as an effective moisturizer
The treatment gently exfoliates the skin, removing dead cells, and creates a smooth, taut texture. Like all peels, this treatment focuses on lines, wrinkles and age spots and is excellent for mature skin types.
Try it at Home
All you need for a red wine treatment at home is:
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4-5 tbsp red wine
Place the yogurt in a bowl – add the honey and red wine. Whisk it together and apply liberally to face. Let all ingredients soak in for about 10 minutes and then rinse with warm water.
It’s all the goodness from nature – grapes, honey and yoghurt working its magic on your skin.
- Prepare Your Skin for Spring (healthyskinsolutions.com)
- Make Your Own Glycolic Peel at Home (healthyskinsolutions.com)
- Remove Dark Spots Naturally (healthyskinsolutions.com)
- Give Yourself the Spa Treatment (healthyskinsolutions.com)
- Spa Quality Facial at Home (healthyskinsolutions.com)
- Delicious Solutions for Dry Skin (healthyskinsolutions.com)
- Give Your Skin a Boost With Coffee (healthyskinsolutions.com)
- Boost Collagen With This Fabulous Kiwi Facial Cleaner (healthyskinsolutions.com)