Each year at this time, we cannot resist talking about the power of pumpkins! Pumpkin enzyme is one of nature’s best and most effective skin rejuvenating agents for the skin.
Pumpkin pulp, seeds, and seed oil are all used in skincare products and many appear at this time of year when the fall harvest of organic pumpkins is ready for the picking.
Products made with pumpkin fruit and enzymes contain over one hundred beneficial nutrients and minerals.
- Pumpkin seeds contain MMP (matrix metalloproteinase) inhibitors that slow down the weakening of collagen and elastin fibers leading thin, sagging skin.
- The enzymes and fruit acids in pumpkin help slough off dead skin to rejuvenate the skin. Vitamin A helps minimize fine lines and wrinkles by stimulating cell turnover; Vitamin C and beta-carotene protect your skin; and the amino acids in pumpkin provide nourishment.
- Pumpkin peels and scrubs can help acne-prone skin, that’s because pumpkins are night in zinc, Vitamins E and T (torulitine), which help reduce inflammation, control excess oil, and help skin recover.
- Pumpkin also possesses nutrients like zinc and potassium that nourish the skin, while natural AHAs and enzymes exfoliate.
- Allantoin acts as anti-inflammatory to help calm the skin.
That said, there are dozens of pumpkin based products on the market – from simple creams and scrubs to complex formulas used in professional treatments:
Try iskyn® All Organic Pumpkin Peel for exfoliating dead skin cells. An alternative to traditional chemical peels, this is effective enough to show immediate results, but gentle enough to use on sensitive skin.
What about a stimulating organic pumpkin scrub by New Age Skincare – this seasonal scrub is created from high-grade organic pumpkin enzymes to dissolve dead skin cells and brown sugar to gently polish the skin while powerful antioxidants stimulate circulation, leaving the skin smooth and soft.
Or, Eminence® Yam and Pumpkin Enzyme Peel, formulated with lactic acid, it gently removes dulling dead skin cells and impurities as pineapple purifies for a clean, refreshed feel. Key ingredients, yam and pumpkin pulp purees, enrich your skin with vitamins, amino acids and antioxidants, improving texture and tone while phyto-collagen hydrates and plumps, combating visible signs of aging for a rejuvenated look.
Making your own organic pumpkin peel, scrub, cleanser or cream is easy!
Just click here for recipes. Pumpkins are available everywhere you look – so pick one up today and try one of these easy recipes. Make a little extra and give this amazing natural product to your friends and family this holiday season – they will love you for it and so will their skin!