As people age or get injured, blotchy and scared skin begins to appear. White, brown, gray or red spots may appear and might even include itching. The condition can also be found just about anywhere on the body especially on the face, hands, arms, legs and chest.
Blotchy skin can be caused by a variety of issues and is difficult to eliminate. Here are some of the best home remedies targeted at getting rid of blotchy skin and discoloration while reducing feelings of self-consciousness about it.
Remedy No. 1 – Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera has long been used as a home remedy for burns. Today its anti-inflammatory properties have been proven to also reduce redness and swelling while moisturizing the skin. As with most natural products, however, using organic materials generally is more beneficial than manufactured products. In this case, growing an Aloe Vera plant is easy yet the outcome is amazing.
How Aloe Vera Helps Blotchy Skin
When it comes to how to get rid of blotchy skin, the gel from the plant will not only reduce discoloration but will also keep skin healthy while restoring an even color.
How to Get Rid of Blotchy Skin With Aloe Vera
1. Slice the Aloe Vera leaf and extract the gel.
2. Apply the gel to the discolored marks using your fingers.
3. Let it set on the skin for 20-30 minutes.
4. Rinse off the gel with water.
5. Repeat the process 2-3 times per day until an even skin tone is achieved.
Remedy No. 2 – Oatmeal, Tomato Juice and Honey
Oatmeal has been used in beauty products for many years. It has always been know as a great exfoliate for the skin, but when it comes to blotchy skin it can do much more than many people know.
How Oatmeal, Tomato Juice, and Honey Helps With Blotchy Skin
Oatmeal moisturizes and re-hydrates the skin due to its natural cleansing agent, saponins. It also works as an anti-inflammatory, anti-itch agent and antioxidant. In that way, redness is diminished and itchiness completely stops.
Tomato juice is an abundant source of antioxidants and is especially high in lycopene. It is also a rich source of vitamins and minerals. By adding honey to the mixture you get a high content of antimicrobial agents and antioxidants in a single product.
There are 3 different treatments that can be used 3-4 times per week.
How to Get Rid Of Blotchy Skin With Oatmeal, Tomato Juice and Honey
1. Mix together 2 tablespoons of ground oatmeal, 2-3 tablespoons of water or tomato juice and 1/2 teaspoon of honey.
2. Apply the mixture to blotchy skin patches.
3. Let set for 5 minutes.
4. Dampen fingers and massage each area thoroughly.
5. Rinse off the residue with warm water.
1. Fill a bathtub with lukewarm water.
2. Add 1/2 to 1 cup of oatmeal power and stir well.
3. Soak your body in the tub for 15-20 minutes.
4. Take a shower and pat dry – don’t rub.
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of oatmeal and 1/2 cup of milk until it becomes a paste.
2. Remove from the heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
3. Mix well and allow it to cool down.
4. Apply the mixture on the affected areas.
5. Let the paste sit for 20 minutes then rinse off and pat dry.
Remedy No. 3 – Green Tea and Rice Flour
Green tea contains polyphenols that are known to rejuvenate skin cells. There are numerous research studies touting the many health benefits of drinking green tea. However, it’s ability to address the issues of individuals suffering from blotchy skin is just now coming to light.
Rice flour, on the other hand, is a natural whitener that has as been used for skin repair in Asian cultures for centuries.
How Green Tea and Rice Flour Helps With Blotchy Skin
Green Tea contains antioxidants as well as anti-inflammatory properties that relieve the irritations caused by blotchy skin. As previously mentioned, it also contains polyphenols that rebuild skin cells previously damaged by trauma or the aging process. Two of the many benefits on skin is that it can reduce swelling as well as redness that causes discomfort.
The second ingredient, rice flour contains high levels of para aminobenzonic acid (PABA) that acts as a sunscreen. Its allantoin promotes skin repair. Tyrosinase controls the production of melamine in the skin which is what causes age spots. Its vitamin B boosts new cell production and slows the aging process. Rice flour also improves elasticity and collagen production and it removes excess oil. Together they are a fabulous combination.
How to Get Rid of Blotchy Skin With Green Tea and Rice Flour
1. Brew Green Tea in 1/2 cup of warm water for 10 minutes.
2. Remove the tea bags and allow to cool to room temperature.
3. Add rice flour 2 tablespoons at a time and mix until a paste is formed.
4. Apply the paste to your blotchy skin with your fingers and allow it to sit for 15-20 minutes.
5. Rinse off with lukewarm water and pat dry.
6. Repeat the process 2-3 times per week.
7. In addition, drink 2-3 cups of Green Tea daily to help keep you hydrated while improving your overall skin quality.
Remedy No. 4 – Yogurt and Turmeric Powder
Yogurt has been used in the cosmetic industry for many years because it contains lactic acid. The compound is especially effective at treating rough, dry skin. It also works as an exfoliating agent to remove dead skin cells that may be a contributing factor to the the development of blotchy skin.
Turmeric Powder, on the other hand, contains the active ingredient curcumin which possess anti-inflammatory and bactericidal properties.
How Yogurt and Turmeric Powder Helps With Blotchy Skin
The lactic acid in yogurt is an alpha hydroxy acid that serves as a natural exfoliate while tightening pores. It also contains probiotics that serve as anti-bacterial and anti-fungal agents. In combination, they work to smooth and heal rough skin and are also great at treating and preventing acne.
If you get a sunburn, yogurt also contains a natural cooling agent that fights sunburn pain. When combined with the anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial agents in turmeric powder, a strong healing product with bacterial fighting power is produced.
How to Get Rid of Blotchy Skin with Yogurt and Turmeric Powder
1. Create a mixture using a ratio of 2 tablespoons of yogurt to 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
2. Mix well until a paste is formed.
3. Apply it on the affected skin.
4. Let set for 20-30 minutes.
5. Rinse off the residue with lukewarm water but don’t scrub and then pat dry.
6. Repeat daily.
Remedy No. 5 – Coconut Oil, Brown Sugar and Honey
Coconut oil is a great moisturizer for dry skin which is one of the main causes of blotchy skin. By re-hydrating the skin and correcting the imbalances, a smoother skin tone can be achieved.
How Coconut Oil, Brown Sugar and Honey Helps With Blotchy Skin
Coconut oil has a high content of lauric acid which is a well-known inhibitor of a large variety of pathogenic organisms. The human body converts the acid into monolaurin which combats antibiotic-resistant infections. It is also an antifungal.
Brown sugar contains glycolic acid that helps fight bacteria. It’s also an excellent exfoliate and is safer than products made with salt since it has smaller crystals that won’t tear the skin. As a result, it generates fresher and younger looking skin because it breaks down the glue-bonded skin cells that prevent cell turnover. As a natural humectant, brown sugar absorbs moisture from the environment and deposits it onto the skin while guarding the skin against destructive toxins.
Finally, honey is loaded with natural antioxidants and contains mild antiseptic and antibacterial properties that promote healing while minimizing scars. It’s absorptive properties also help it extract impurities from the skin while keeping it hydrated.
How to Get Rid of Blotchy Skin With Coconut Oil, Brown Sugar and Honey
1. Mix 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin coconut oil, 1 teaspoon of brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of honey thoroughly.
2. Apply the mixture to your blotchy skin using wet fingers and continue rubbing for 5-10 minutes.
3. Rinse off with lukewarm water and pat dry.
4. Repeat 2 times per week.
Remedy No. 6 – Lemon Juice and Papaya
Both lemon juice and papaya are well-known for their ability to lightened skin. In addition, they both contain anti-oxidant and antimicrobial properties. They make a perfect blend for those that are attempting to treat extreme conditions of blotchy skin.
How Lemon Juice and Papaya Helps With Blotchy Skin
Lemons contain citric acid, vitamin C and antimicrobial properties making them highly effective when it comes to skin care. They reduce viruses, bacteria and fungal infections on the skin while also working amazingly well as an astringent.
Papaya, on the other hand, is rich in vitamin C, nutrients and antioxidants. It also has a rich protease enzyme content that helps fight infections while healing injuries. Perhaps its best benefits are the fact it softens skin, prevents discoloration and lightens discoloration that already exists.
How to Get Rid of Blotchy Skin With Lemons and Papaya
1. Peel and mash a papaya.
2. Mix in the juice from one lemon.
3. Apply the mixture to the affected area.
4. Allow it to set for 30 minutes.
5. Wash off and pat dry.
6. Repeat 1 time per week.
Blotchy skin is identifiable by the irregular patches of skin color on various parts of the body. Home remedies generate fewer chemicals, preservatives and fragrances than manufactured products which means a healthier option for your skin.
The best advantage of home remedies, perhaps, is the fact that almost all the ingredients needed can be found in your pantry. If you have special home remedies for treating blotchy skin, please take a moment to share with the other readers. The best products are actually often made at home.