Collagen is a key structural component in our bodies that keeps the skin youthful looking, tight, toned and smooth. As we age, less collagen is produced naturally by the body. Wrinkles begin to set in and the skin becomes thinner. Skin tissue receives less support, resulting in fines, wrinkles, folds and sagging.
There are ways to boost the production of collagen – principally by using products or processes that signal the skin to ‘heal’ itself, thereby producing more collagen.
Micro-needling, also called collagen induction therapy, is fast becoming one of the most popuar and effective ways to naturally rejuvenate the appearance and texture of skin. Recent clinical studies have shown professional micro-needling to be more affective than laser resurfacing, dermabrasion, or a chemical peel. It is also more cost-effective, less invasive and has fewer side effects than other collagen-boosting therapies.
An Alternative to More Invasive Treatments
Dermal micro-needling is a safe, effective, and affordable treatment option for improving overall cellular health. Compared to laser resurfacing, deep chemical peels or dermabrasion, micro needling preserves the epidermis (the outer layer of the skin) while stimulating collagen. This means that there is no visible harm to the skin. Furthermore, there is no risk of inflammation or hyperpigmentation after the procedure. Dermal micro needling does not burn like laser or acid peel treatments and there is less discomfort and recovery time. The results are so positive that many clients are increasingly turning to micro-needling to smoothe fine lines and wrinkles, tighten sagging, decrease visible scars and stretch marks, and slow down the aging process.
Each successive treatment triggers the production and deposit of new collagen that progressively fills in deep lines and depressed scars. Like most treatments designed to affect change at the cellular level, micro-needling may take several weeks to show results, depending on your skin condition. Micro needling is effective for:
- Prematurely aged skin – it will soften fine lines and wrinkles
- Skin laxity – it will tighten and restore elasticity
- Uneven skin tone
- Promotes thickening of the skin
- Acne scaring – it reduces the appearance of ice-pick scars
- Hyperpigmentation – it helps reduce pigmentation marks
- Hair loss – it stimulates hair re-growth
- Stretch marks – it reduces the appearance of scarring
- Cellulite – it smoothes orange peel skin
Treatments generally take about 30 minutes to complete are always preceded with an application of topical anesthetic.
Learn more about boosting collagen and some home remedies – please read our related articles below.
- Micro-Current Skin Rejuvenation (healthyskinsolutions.com)
- Dermal Filler Replaces Collagen (healthyskinsolutions.com)
- Boost Collagen With This Fabulous Kiwi Facial Cleaner (healthyskinsolutions.com)
- Fraxel Laser Resurfacing (healthyskinsolutions.com)
- Diminish the Look of Crow’s Feet (healthyskinsolutions.com)
- Skin Rejuvenation (healthyskinsolutions.com)