Control Acne with Blue Light Therapy
Blue light therapy has been used by dermatologists to reduce and eliminate acne breakouts for more than 20 years. Blue light therapy is based on a simple principle that was discovered by medical researchers in the 1970’s. They found that specifically focused light (the 405nm – 420nm wavelength bands) had the unique ability to kill the bacteria that causes acne (p.acnes bacterium).
How It Works
Acne bacteria cannot survive for more than a few minutes when exposed to these specific wavelengths of light. When the light is delivered at the right intensity, it eliminates acne bacteria at the source, deep within the skin, causing the bacteria to die, which in turn dries up pimples, pustules, and cysts, without the use of harsh products.
If that’s not enough good news, consistent use of Blue Light Therapy also helps decrease the amount of sebum (oil) in the skin which helps prevent future breakouts, and has been shown to shrink the pore size in some individuals.
Blue Light Therapy has been proven effective in numerous clinical studies conducted by the American Academy of Dermatology and the British Academy of Dermatology.
Just using the blue light device twice a day for a few minutes, reveals healthy, clear skin, with fewer acne breakouts, in as little as two weeks. There are no harmful side effects and the technology is safe for long-term use.
Compared to many traditional acne treatments, blue light therapy delivers fast acne reduction. The elimination of acne-causing bacteria means fewer blemishes, breakouts, clogged pores and pimples, and a clearer, smoother, healthier skin. Those who use blue light therapy consistently had the following results:
- 50% – 70% of affected areas were cleared in just 2 weeks
- 80% – 93% noticed a smoother complexion in 4 weeks
- 100% said skin looked healthier and more radiant after 4 weeks
In a clinical studies, participants reported milder and fewer breakouts after using blue light technology:
- 93% reported milder breakouts after 2 weeks
- 100% reported milder breakouts after 8 weeks
- 94% reported fewer breakouts after 2 weeks
- 100% reported fewer breakouts after 8 weeks
Blue Light Therapy at Home
For years, blue light therapy was only available at the doctor’s office – now you can get the same effective therapeutic power of this technology in your own home. Just use your blue light device twice a day for a few minutes, and healthy, clear skin, with fewer acne breakouts, will be yours in as little as two weeks. There are no harmful side effects and the technology is safe for long-term use.
Clearly, this is a gentle, yet effective, alternative for controlling and eliminating acne. There are several blue light therapy devices for at-home use. Here are two to review, however, we encourage you to do your homework and chose the one that best suits your needs.
Related Articles and Resources
- Laser Acne Treatment (healthyskinsolutions.com)
- Acne Laser Treatment: Is it Effective? (healthyskinsolutions.com)
- Adult Acne – It’s more common than you think (healthyskinsolutions.com)
- Acne Products – Best Acne-Fighting Ingredients (healthyskinsolutions.com)
- Acne Care – Tips for Healthy Skin (healthyskinsolutions.com)
- Myths About Acne (healthyskinsolutions.com)
- Tria Blue Light
- Trophy Blue Light