An itchy, red condition of the scalp, seborrheic dermatitis is typically very treatable. However, finding the right treatment, in some cases, can prove to be a difficult task. The traditional shampoos and medications that are often recommended are sometimes more irritating than healing for some individuals. For those individuals and anyone looking for a less aggressive form of treatment, organic shampoo options can provide more soothing relief. If you’re struggling with a painful, itchy scalp, then consider this list of the best organic shampoo for seborrheic dermatitis.
1. Degrease Shampoo
One of the best organic shampoo for seborrheic dermatitis, Degrease Shampoo is naturally derived from the components of jojoba, rosemary formula that hydrates hair follicles from the inside while protecting from environmental pollutants. Not only that, its natural clarifying treatment with lemon essential oil restores a healthy sebum & pH balance in your skin and hair.
Benefits of Degrease Shampoo
- Safely and naturally heals dermatitis.
- Light, pleasant fragrance that won’t irritate.
- Safely and effectively clarifies the scalp.
- Safe enough to use every day (even after dermatitis is healed).
2. Amplixin Scalp Therapy Shampoo
Experience the soothing power of natural oils and extracts. Amplixin Scalp Therapy shampoo is another specifically formulated hair care treatment with Tea Tree & Peppermint to help treat dry, flaky scalp back to health. This shampoo is a combination of Red Clover, Bio-Mimetic Peptides and Caffeine to help stimulate the scalp and block negative effects of scalp inflammation. Also paraben-free and cruelty-free without the harsh chemicals that can irritate the scalp and make your seborrheic dermatitis or dandruff worse.
Benefits of Amplixin Scalp Therapy Shampoo
- Naturally restores scalp equilibrium of oils.
- Natural extracts leave hair healthier and stronger.
- Prevents itching and flaking.
- Guaranteed sulfate-free.
3. Cedarwood Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
Another shampoo topping the list as best organic shampoo for seborrheic dermatitis, Cedarwood Dandruff uses a rich and creamy formula to relieve dry itchy scalp with Rosemary and Tea Tree working together to reduce flaking and scaling. The cedarwood and jojoba moisturize and promote hair growth. This shampoo contains soothing and calming oils that rebalance scalp health and hair growth. Allow the essential oils to infuse hair with vitamins and protect it from damage.
Benefits of Cedarwood Dandruff Shampoo
- Gently soothes and restores the scalp.
- Leaves hair shiny and soft.
- Repairs hair and scalp damage while building volume.
- Hypoallergenic and antibacterial.
- Certified sulfate-free.
4. C-3 Head Wash
As decadent and luxurious as the name even sounds, C-3 Head Wash is made with gentle cleansing formula specially designed not only for scalp but for the face as well, hydrates and restores balance to skin. It is phthalate, paraben, BPA, and SLS-free, safe for you and the environment. This head wash has non-comedogenic and hypo-allergenic fragrance-free formula for irritation-free cleaning. It promotes healing and nourishing to support healthy skin on your face and scalp.
Benefits of C-3 Head Wash
- Entirely natural shampoo formulation.
- Gently cleanses hair and scalp.
- Enriched with key ingredients to restore hair and scalp health.
- Safely and effectively restores damaged hair.
- Heals and hydrates.
5. Malibu C Scalp and Wellness Kit Shampoo
Completely vegan, gluten free, and paraben and sulfate free, Malibu C is another one of the best organic shampoo for seborrheic dermatitis. Not only is it extremely nourishing and naturally derived, but it is also specially formulated to restore and maintain the health of the scalp. This formulation contains no irritating ingredients and is formulated with soothing spearmint and eucalyptus oils to naturally cleans and soothe the scalp. It also contains components that function to protect the hair and scalp from waterborne compounds that can exacerbate scalp conditions.
Benefits of Malibu C Shampoo
- Specifically designed to support scalp health.
- Lightly fragranced with soothing essential oils.
- Safely and effectively protects scalp and hair.
- Reduces flaking, itching, and irritation.
6. Phat 5.5 Seborrheic Dermatitis Shampoo
Specifically designed for the treatment of seborrheic dermatitis, the Phat 5.5 Manuka Honey shampoo is an ideal option for managing the condition. It is a natural formula that is paraben, fragrance, and sulfate free to reduce irritation. The shampoo is naturally pH balanced at 5.5, just like the scalp, hair, and skin, to help restore imbalances in your pH level that may be contributing to the skin condition. It also contains healing components like Manuka honey, aloe vera, and coconut oil to nourish and restore the skin.
Benefits of Phat 5.5 Seborrheic Dermatitis Shampoo
- Naturally and organically derived.
- Safe for hair, scalp, and face.
- pH balanced with all natural ingredients.
7. Puriya Natural Dandruff Shampoo with Tea Tree Oil
Most individuals report noticing a difference with this shampoo in just a few treatments. Puriya Natural Dandruff Shampoo is specifically designed to stop itching and flaking without any harsh chemicals. Made with a proprietary blend of tea tree oil, arnica, sage, and rosemary, this shampoo delivers potent antifungal and antibacterial properties that provide lasting relief. It also contains vitamin B and wheat protein to strengthen and repair hair as well.
Benefits of Puriya Natural Dandruff Shampoo
- Specially formulated to treat itchy, flaking scalp.
- Naturally derived ingredients.
- 180 day money back guarantee.
8. Eucalyptus Essential Oil
An oil that can be added to any shampoo or diluted with coconut oil and applied to the scalp, Eucalyptus Oil is effective for treating a number of different skin conditions, including seborrheic dermatitis. The oil is antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory, so it’s a perfect option for remedying dermatitis. You do, however, need dilute it before use as it is quite potent.
Benefits of Tea Tree Oil
- Effectively treats seborrheic dermatitis.
- Extremely versatile to use with different shampoo options.
- Very potent if used undiluted.
Seborrheic dermatitis is a very treatable condition; however, many of the traditional treatments cause more harm to sensitive scalps than good. Choose one of the best organic shampoo for seborrheic dermatitis to get a safe, effective treatment option.