That sun-kissed look is right on trend but it has been shown to damage the skin over time. It used to take a huge list of lotions, creams, makeups and potions to achieve that look. However, today the best natural tinted moisturizer for you is available in over-the-counter or online that will generate a youthful, glowing and radiant look without damaging your skin. The problem is that there are a huge number of options available that will simplify your daily routine while maintaining the look desired. Here’s a list of those rated as the top eight by experts in the industry.
1. BalmShelter Tinted Moisturizer
To protect against harmful UV rays while improving the look of the skin’s tone and texture, experts rated BalmShelter Tinted Moisterizer a top pick in the best natural tinted moisturizer category for those that want to maintain that beautiful, polished, sun-kissed look. Best of all, it comes in various shades that range from very pale to dark. Additionally, the SPF 18 reduces the development of fine lines and wrinkles and its super-hydrating quality prevents the color from accumulating in creases.
- The finish looks exceptional on normal to dry skin.
- It is designed to create a barrier around your skin to prevent loss of hydration.
- The product is light enough to keep your skin soft and breathable yet heavy enough to cover imperfections.
- Because the hydration is oil-based and it has a soft-glow finish, it is not the best product if you have oily skin.
- Its thickness can make it difficult to spread evenly.
- It only conceals mild imperfections.
2. Tateguard 20 Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Sunscreen
Fortunately, for consumers everywhere a little bit of this product goes a very long way. Tateguard 20 Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Sunscreen is a vegan product that is loaded with antioxidants, anti-inflammatories and skin-repairing ingredients. Sodium hyaluronate and the antioxidant-rich vitamins A and E help the skin retain moisture as well as aid healing. It provides a soft, matte coverage that reduces uneven skin tones, dark marks and redness.
- This is a water-based product so is appropriate for a variety of skin types.
- Its light, fluid formula is ideal for oily and combination skin.
- A light sheen brightens skin without looking greasy or changing the natural color of the skin.
- It has a heavy fragrance that could irritate those with allergies, sensitivities to odors and sensitive skin.
- It cannot be used in combination with other moisturizers without it turning greasy-looking.
- Some people reported developing a rough, sandpaper feel to their skin.
3. Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream
This is an ideal alternative for individuals with dry skin that’s in serious need of moisturizing earning it a spot as one of the best natural tinted moisturizer options available today. This fragrance-free formula is not designed for full coverage hydration; it contains proven emollients and water-binding agents that make it smooth as well as moisturize enhancing. It comes in warm to neutral shades but does not include shades for darker skin tones.
- The product contains plant-based antioxidants to aid healing.
- Its gel-cream texture makes it go on smooth while hydrating dry skin.
- Its neutral-looking coverage highlights rather than hides the best features of the skin.
- It is not designed for oily or combination skin.
- The huge jump in hydration is not necessarily good for the skin.
- The huge jump in hydration is not necessarily good for the skin.
4. Stila Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer
Stila recently released a new and improve Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer designed to produce sheer, luminous color infused with light diffusing pigments. The goal of the redesign was to reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles with the help of skin enhancing ingredients such as Gingko biloba leaf extract, chamomile for antioxidant protection and ginger root extract. It is an oil-free product that hydrates, perfects skin tone, protects against UV rays and is a complexion enhancer.
- It melts nicely into the skin and dries quickly giving full coverage without feeling heavy.
- Creates a gorgeous glow without being tacky or greasy and without clogging pores.
- It is reasonably priced.
- The colors have a tendency to run a little dark so you may want to start with a lighter option.
- It goes on thicker than regular moisturizer.
- It provides more coverage than some people want.
5. Jouer Luminzing Moisture Tint
Jouer Luminzing Moisture Tint is an advanced formula that is oil-free and extremely light helping to up its ranking on the best natural tinted moisturizer list. It doesn’t clog pores, like many heavier formulas, heals acne scars and is gentle on the skin. Due to its primary use of botanical ingredients like ginseng and gingko biloba, it also addresses anti-aging issues, promotes cell rejuvenation, reduces redness and brightens the skin resulting in a more youthful appearance.
- It’s available in 8 different shades so you have a better chance of finding the perfect one for your skin tone.
- It promotes the healing of blemishes naturally.
- The product is oil-free and prevents clogging of pores.
- Has limited staying power lasting only 6-8 hours.
- Contains parabens which could be problematic for sensitive skin.
- It is a little pricey.
6. Juice Beauty SPF 30 Tinted Mineral Moisturizer
This 4-in-1 multitasking moisturizer combines mineral coverage, a powerful antioxidant and ingredients to protect the skin while evening out skin-tone. Promegranate juices, jojoba, sunflower and coconut oils as well as aloe and grape combine to create a powerful moisturizer that hydrates as it repairs skin damage. It’s also great for most types of skin making it a viable option when looking for the best natural tinted moisturizer.
- The product contains healthy, non-toxic ingredients.
- You do not have to use a foundation if you use this product.
- It doesn’t streak and has a pleasant scent.
- It comes in a limited number of colors.
- Some people found it too thick and heavy.
- It may not be suitable for very oily skin as it leaves the skin too shiny.
7. Physician’s Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Tinted Moisturizer
If you have skin that breaks out easily and is prone to sun damage as well as hydration problems then Physician’s Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Tinted Moisturizer may be the answer for you. It’s lightweight and contains ingredients that hydrate and nurture the skin’s natural moisture. Jojoba seed extracts, avocado oil and shea butter reduce dry skin and flaky textures restoring the skin’s supple feel. Lavender oil also provides a pleasant fragrance while soothing distressed skin.
- The product contains no harsh synthetic preservatives.
- This product is hypoallergenically formulated.
- It is chemical-free and has an SPF rating of 15.
- It only comes in 4 shades for light and natural skin tones.
- Some people found it too greasy and heavy.
- It doesn’t absorb well on all skin types.
8. Revision Intellishade With SPF 45
For the high SPF rating alone, the price of Rivision Intellishade might be worth the price. However, when it comes to best natural tinted moisturizer, this products gets high marks for its multitasking capability. In addition to protecting the skin from sun damage it also minimizes pores, reduces fine lines and wrinkles, conceals scars and acne marks and generates that sun-kissed glow everyone loves. In addition, it prevents discoloration while evening out your skin tone.
- It is a thicker formula that is non-greasy.
- It will automatically adjust to match any skin tone.
- The product is resistant to heat and humidity.
- It’s more expensive than other options.
- It does not work well with darker skin tones.
- When applied it appears a bit yellow.
There are many creams, gels and serums to choose from when it comes to finding the best natural tinted moisturizer. Your choice depends greatly on what you’re looking for. You need to do some research to find out exactly what your needs are before making a commitment. Hopefully, the aforementioned list will help get you started.