Spring is just around the corner and it’s time for some spring cleaning – for your skin that is!
Spring is such a special time. Many people get very excited, and quite emotional about Spring and all it represents – a time of renewal and rebirth. Just as the emerging flowers need sun and rain to grow and bloom, your skin needs a little wake-up after months of cold weather and drying artificial heat.
Most people emerge from the winter with dull, dry skin – if that sounds like you, then here is a dry skin regimen you can try at home to repair your skin and prepare if for Springtime.
Coconut Pineapple Cleanser
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil
Mix all ingredients in a small bow (add the oil last) – mix well. Apply a small amount onto a clean wet washcloth of facial cleansing sponge and gently wash your face with this mixture every morning and evening. Rinse in warm water.
Why this works: Pineapple is an excellent exfoliator. Cream has lactic acid (another exfoliator) and mixing the juice with the cream creates a nice balance. Coconut oil softens the skin and promotes healing.
- 1 small baked potato
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon milk
Bake the potato in an oven for 40 minutes. Peel the skin and allow it to cool slightly. When cooled (but still warm) mash the potato, add the egg yolk and milk and mix well.
This mask is best used while the potato is still warm. Gently apply to the face and neck and relax for 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
Why this works: Potatoes are the perfect food for waking up tired skin because of the mineral copper. Egg yolk is hydrating and milk is soothing.
Banana Yoghurt Moisturizer
- 1 tablespoon plain yoghurt
- ½ banana
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
In a blender, combine yoghurt, banana and oil – mix well. Apply mixture to your face every morning and evening after cleansing. Splash your face with warm water, then pat skin dry.
Why this works: Bananas are rich in vitamin A and potassium – excellent for dry skin. Olive oil helps your skin retain moisture all day.
Like these do-it-yourself recipes? There are more – just check out the links below and let us know what your favorites are.
- Make Your Own Glycolic Peel at Home (healthyskinsolutions.com)
- Remove Dark Spots Naturally (healthyskinsolutions.com)
- Give Yourself the Spa Treatment (healthyskinsolutions.com)
- Spa Quality Facial at Home (healthyskinsolutions.com)
- Delicious Solutions for Dry Skin (healthyskinsolutions.com)
- Give Your Skin a Boost With Coffee (healthyskinsolutions.com)
- Boost Collagen With This Fabulous Kiwi Facial Cleaner (healthyskinsolutions.com)