Collagen is a critical component that keeps skin youthful looking and smooth. As we age, collagen production decreases, and lines and wrinkles begin to form.
Sculptra ™ Aesthetic is a new form of injectable filler for the face made from poly-L-lactic acid, which helps replace lost collagen to correct facial wrinkles and folds that appear with aging. The poly-L-lactic acid is a biocompatible (is not toxic, will not injure or cause a reaction), and biodegradable material that has been used by physicians for decades.
Sculptra is administered by a Sculptra-trained physician. An average of three sessions are needed over a period of a several weeks or months for the desired results. However, the number of sessions and the number of injections per session vary from one person to another.
Sculptra is not an overnight miracle and does not give immediate results like some synthetic fillers. This product delivers subtle results over a period of time by replacing lost collagen, giving a longer lasting result. A full treatment of Sculptra (an average of three injection sessions over a few weeks or months), can last up to two years (results may vary). It truly is an anti-aging treatment for the modern age.
How it Works
Sculptra ™ Aesthetic works within the deep lower layers of the skin (Dermis) to reinforce the skin’s structure and replace lost collagen. This reinforced structure provides a foundation that gradually restores the look of fullness to lines, wrinkles and folds that have formed over time. The result? A gentle, gradual improvement. Sculptra is different because it gradually and subtly corrects facial lines and wrinkles, providing a refined, more youthful look that can last up to two years.
Sculptra ™ Aesthetic is used to correct deep folds and facial wrinkles with the appropriate injection technique. Areas suitable for treatment are:
- Nasolabial Folds – these are the deep folds that run from the nose to the mouth, also called smile lines
- The lines framing your mouth (marionette lines)
- Chin wrinkles
Where Not To Use Sculptra
- Sculptra is not for lip treatment or enhancement
- Sculptra is not recommended for use in the periorbital area (around the eyes)
- Sculptra has not been tested for safety and effectiveness in areas other than lines and wrinkles and the nasolabial area.
How long will it last?
Results are gradual as the collagen continues to rebuild – the benefits of Sculptra will last 2 years or more, depending on the individual. From time to time, additional sessions may be required to maintain the effect.
According to a survey conducted by the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS) and Sanofi-Aventis (a global healthcare leader), “most women prefer gradual results that can last longer versus shorter-term options. Sculptra Aesthetic is in line with what most women say they are looking for — an anti-aging treatment that works gradually with results that can last up to 2 years.”
- Diminish the Look of Crow’s Feet (healthyskinsolutions.com)
- Phyto Stem Cell Ingredients (healthyskinsolutions.com)
- The Power of Peptide Creams (healthyskinsolutions.com)
- Micro-Current Skin Rejuvenation (healthyskinsolutions.com)
- Boost Collagen With This Fabulous Kiwi Facial Cleaner (healthyskinsolutions.com)